Nowadays, most of us experience trouble in sleeping at one time or another. It is usually because of stress, illness, travel, or other temporary interruptions to your normal routine. But if your sleep problems are regular then it is possible that you may be suffering from a sleep disorder. Let’s have a deeper look into the sleeping disorder and its conditions.
Home Sleep Disorder Apnea Test, Diagnosis & Treatment
Home sleep apnea testing is used to diagnose the obstructive sleep apnea. There are varieties of home sleep apnea testing devices that have the different sensors and equipment. These devices measure your breathing and the blood oxygen level. Some also may measure your heart rate or the other information about your body.
Home Sleep Disorder Apnea Test, Diagnosis & Treatment in Bangalore
Mediniq healthcare is providing Snoring Treatment in Bangalore and Home Sleep Apnea at an affordable cost. Our Mediniq healthcare team will come to your home. Expert doctors opinion will send along with the reports.
What is Sleep Disorder?
A sleep disorder is a condition that your ability to get enough quality sleep will be lost. While it is normal to experience occasional difficulties in sleeping, but it is not normal to regularly experience problem getting to sleep at night, to wake up feeling exhausted and feel groggy or to feel sleepy during the day. Let’s look into the types of sleep disorder.
What are the various types of sleep disorders?
There are several types of sleep disorders; they can be caused by the some of your health problems and lifestyles.
Sleep apnea is also a sleep disorder which is characterised by the pauses in breathing during the sleep. This is a serious medical condition that causes the body to take in less oxygen. It can also cause you to wake up during the night and experience difficulty in breathing. apply now online for sleep apnea test at home cost.
Insomnia Test & Diagnosis & Treatment in Bangalore
Insomnia is a very common disorder, it refers to the inability to fall asleep or to remain asleep. It is caused by the jet lag, stress, anxiety, hormones or digestive problems. It can even be a symptom of some other health condition. Insomnia can be very problematic for your overall health and for the quality of life, it potentially causes:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Weight gain
- Impaired work or school performance
Parasomnias is a sleep disorder that causes the abnormal behaviour and movements during sleep. They include:
- Sleep talking
- Sleep walking
- Teeth grinding or jaw clenching
Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that involves the excessive and uncontrollable daytime sleepiness. It is caused by a dysfunction of the brain mechanism that controls the sleeping and waking.
Sleep Disorder Diagnosis:
If you think any of the above-mentioned sleeping disorder you have, then you need to self-diagnose first, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does it take you more than 30 minutes to fall asleep?
- Do you walk, talk, groan during sleep?
- Do you wake up during the night and then you have trouble returning to sleep?
- Do you feel uncontrollable sleepy during daytime?
- Do you wake up earlier than desired?
- Do you give yourself enough time in bed to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night?
- Do you feel breathlessness during mid-sleep?
- Do you go to bed in a dark and quiet environment that gives you peaceful sleep?
- Do you have daytime symptoms such as fatigue, moodiness, sleepiness or reduced energy?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you may have any one disorder and you need to consult a doctor.
Sleep Disorder Tests and Treatments:
If you have any of the following disorders mentioned above or you want Snoring Treatment in Bangalore then you need to take go to the doctor and do a medical test and go for further treatments; your doctor will first perform a physical exam and then gather information about your symptoms and your medical history. They will also order various tests, such as:
- Polysomnography: This is a sleep study that evaluates the oxygen levels, body movements, and the brain waves to determine how they disrupt sleep
- Electroencephalogram: This is a test that assesses the electrical activity in the brain and detects any potential problems associated with this activity
- Genetic blood testing: This is a blood test commonly used to diagnose the narcolepsy and the other underlying health conditions that might be causing the sleeping problems
These tests can help in determining the right course of treatment for sleep disorders.
Sleep problem treatments:
Treatment for sleep problems can vary depending on the type and the underlying cause. However, it generally includes a combination of the medical treatments and the lifestyle changes.
Medical treatment for sleep disturbances may include any of the following:
- Sleeping pills
- Allergy or cold medication
- Dental guard (usually for teeth grinding)
- Medications for any underlying health issues
- Melatonin supplements
- Breathing device or surgery (usually for sleep apnea)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Bright light therapy
- CPAP Titration study
- Oral appliance Therapy
Lifestyle changes can also improve your quality of sleep, especially when they are done along with the medical treatments. You may consider:
- Reducing stress and anxiety by exercising
- Drinking less water before bedtime
- Creating and sticking to a regular sleeping schedule
- Decreasing tobacco and alcohol use
- Incorporating more vegetables and fish into your diet, and reducing sugar intake
- Eating smaller, low carbohydrate meals before bedtime
- Limiting your caffeine intake
Few tips for a peaceful and restful sleep:
- Establish a regular bedtime and wake up time
- Exercise in the late afternoon or early evening
- Take a hot bath 5-10 mins before going to bed
- Establish comfortable sleeping environments
- Sleep in dark and quiet area
- Wash your face, wear comfortable clothing, listen to soft music just before sleeping.
Sleep is the main ingredient of your life, brain, health and everything, you must sleep and wake up on time every time for a healthy and happy life.
“Sleep is that golden chain that ties the health and Our bodies together”